- We have had ESG high on our agenda for the past years. By participating in the UN Global Compact we seal our commitment to being a responsible business through the ten principles defined by the UN says Oscar Sandell, CHRO in Saferoad Group.
The UN Global Compact consists of more than 12.000 companies from 160 countries. Local UN Global Compact networks exists in 70 countries and on all continents. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway Saferoad Group has joined through UN Global Compact Norway.
- We warmly welcome Saferoad Group as a participant. We are pleased that Saferoad Group adheres to the ten principles for responsible business and wants to increase their sustainability commitment and work across the company, says Kim N. Gabrielli, CEO of UN Global Compact Norway.
- We aim to be the front runner in our industry, not only when it comes to delivering high-quality products and solutions that makes life on the road safer, but also when it comes to doing this in a responsible manner. Taking part in the UN Global Compact will be a cornerstone in our continued work with this, says Oscar Sandell.
The ten principles for a responsible business life
The ten principles for choosing sustainable solutions are set out in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
- We are committed to these principles and will report on them to UN Global Compact on an annual basis, Sandell concludes.
Read more about UN Global Compact on their website: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/